Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fond Farewells; On The Ending Of A Dynasty

I quit Borders today. Despite looking forward to it for some time, I was actually pretty down-hearted about it. Having worked there for...3 and a half years I think, I had built up some pretty strong friendships. We sort of see our self as a family at Borders...the kind of family that all go to the same parties getting drunk with one-another. I'll miss parts of it, other parts I won't. I'm still on contingent status so that I can be called in to cover a shift if they need me. If I do this at least once every 3 months I can maintain said status, and on those days that I'm working I'm allowed my hefty discount of 33% off of books and CDs, though it's hard to find CDs to buy that aren't RIAA affiliated. As a point of etiquette, being a major recording industry organization with vast influence, one finds that it is not polite to reduce yourself to acts of extortion.

1 Comments:

Blogger t [] p said...

Ahh, it all makes sense now. The few times I've randomly been downtown and stopped by the store, you haven't been there. I thought I was out of luck.

But no, my luck is still intact. You're just unemployed :)

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home